A healthy mouth is incredibly important and the right steps must be taken to achieve this and avoid serious health problems. The right oral care routine, the right products and proper daily habits are all a must because a healthy mouth and nice teeth require both work and care.
These tips will help you maintain a healthy mouth, so be sure to consider the following:
- Always brush your teeth before going to bed. Brushing twice a day is recommended yet many people go to bed without brushing their teeth, which is very problematic because it will allow germs and plaque that have accumulated throughout the day to remain on your teeth and in your mouth, which can lead to a number of serious issues. Brushing before bed will help prevent these issues, so do not neglect this daily task and be sure to do it every single night.
- Brush your teeth properly. There is a right way of brushing your teeth, make sure you move your toothbrush in gentle circular motions so that you remove plaque successfully. Take your time and do not rush the process; otherwise, plaque will remain on your teeth and harden, which can lead to early gum disease. If you have any concerns about your brushing style, speak with your Hygienist about proper brushing techniques.
- Don’t forget about your tongue. It’s important to gently brush your tongue every time you brush your teeth because plaque builds up on your tongue as well, which will cause you to have bad breath and may also lead to other oral health issues as well, so do not neglect this aspect.
- Use a toothpaste that contains fluoride. This will help prevent tooth decay by fighting off germs and also provides a protective barrier for your teeth. Don’t choose toothpaste based on just flavour or whitening power and make sure it contains fluoride as well.
- Never forget to floss. Flossing is equally as important as brushing your teeth because it helps stimulate your gums and reduces plaque while also helping to lower inflammation in the area. Make sure to floss at least once a day and even if you find this task to be challenging or difficult, do not give up and look for tools that can help because there are a number of products intended specifically for kids or anyone who requires additional support.
- Incorporate mouthwash into your routine. This will help reduce the amount of acid in your mouth, remineralize your teeth and help clean the hard to clean areas that your toothbrush can’t reach.
These are just some of the ways you can keep your mouth healthy and a visit to Town Crest Dental can help even more. If you’re looking for a dentist or dental clinic in the Fort Saskatchewan area who can help with all of your oral health needs, including teeth extractions and Botox, give us a call to schedule an appointment today!